Thursday, February 7, 2008

MLO (that's Mauna Loa) (4 of 104)

Well we're here on the mountain today. The major weather that's in our way is moving off to the East but more crap is coming in. Because of this we need to try to take data whenever we can. We really need to take data during the sunrise for this calibration data we're trying to get here. Unfortunately we had monstrous clouds blocking the sunrise but things cleared up after awhile and we are getting some data with the sun just barely riding above some clouds.

I was really feeling crappy coming up the mountain this morning and afraid I would be worthless at best and throwing up at worst. Luckily I'm feeling better now though not so hot. The altitude is bad enough but the drive up makes me feel kind of sick too even though I'm driving.

Kris and Jasper are off to take a submarine ride today! How cool is that?

We had some technical difficulties his morning but I got past that and we're in business for a little while longer here. I'm not looking forward to the drive back down but I am looking forward to being back down at sea level and a nice afternoon nap.

Aloha! And mahalo for your comments (HINT HINT). Ask questions. That gives me something to write about.

No comments: