Monday, June 16, 2008

Why bother counting??? (23 of 104)

I had a pretty dang cool short week away with just myself and my son. I think both of us really really needed the big chunk of time away together. There is no doubt that this will be a regular thing from here on out. We've sort of done this type of thing before but it was usually with Kris going away and our staying home.

We went up to Kris' family's cabin (how funny to go leave the cabin I live in to go stay in another...) and had a great time sleeping in, swimming in the creek, hunting for newts and crawfish, wondering around exploring, taking jeep rides and generally just chilling out. What a blast.

So my father's day present was that I got to be a father! What more could I possibly ask for? Well, the monster nap on Sunday afternoon was appreciated.

No comments: