Sunday, July 27, 2008


Date: July 26, 2008

AM Weight: 198.6

Bike: Booger Ibis

Ride Time: 75 minutes

Ride Distance: 22.2 (no computer but I know the distance on this one)

Ride: House to the ACE train station in town.

Ride Thoughts: This damn Achilles tendon pain is getting worse. Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit! Hopefully a few days off and some icing and heating will bring it back enough for some light riding. I feel like I have great momentum and am enjoying getting out on the bike more than I have in many many years so this is frustrating. Riding through aches and pains is all part of the experience but some pains tell you that it’s better to not ride and that’s what this one is.

I really like everything about the ibis except the frame (too small) and the tires. I really bought it for the components so have always had it in the back of my mind that a frame transplant was in its future. I’ve identified the replacement but I need to save the fun money for another month before I can make it happen. Haven’t decided on next tires yet, these aren’t dead yet so I have to keep rolling on them for awhile.

No comments: