Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting Old(30 of 104)


On Monday morning, after a night of tossing and turning and cursing my throbbing gouty foot I threw in the towel and sought help. One of the project managers is a perfect mother hen and she took great care of me making calls and arrangements and eventually getting me a visit with the military doctor here.

He gave me an anti-inflammatory and within 4 hours I was already on the road to relief. Believe me, the gout is painful - make that Painful, it deserves a capital P.

Life here is mundane and very uninteresting. Other than work, the only thing I've done is go to the doctor and the pharmacy.


For now, though I'm just happy to be able to get around again without feeling completely lame (literally). The foot is at about 55% today and that's good enough for now. Hopefully I'll be able to run in a couple of days or at least get out for a long walk.

No comments: